After realizing that it's been a huge while since updating (thanks to Laur's 'suggestion'...)
I thought that I'd better type a few lines.
Life. Phew. Wow. It is exhausting, wonderful, and frustrating all at the same time. The tea house is doing great. It's starting to slow down a bit because the ski season is wrapping up (YAY SUMMER!) but we still have no complaints. Hours are still long, customers can still make me run to the back in tears, and mistakes are still made but all in all it's still entertaining.
Good.
As for my personal life... exciting things have been taking place for the past two months. Two days ago I once again was wrapped up in the emotions of a performer. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I performed at a piano concert; the first time in TWO YEARS! It was exhilarating as I was the special guest of the evening. It took a lot to walk up on that stage, sit down, and actually play an almost flawless performance. Man it felt good... I was in tears afterward. (And I got flowers!!) I had forgotten how much I miss the whole experience. Having this first performance conquered, I am getting geared up for the June concert and have a few ideas of pieces I might want to play. So exciting. (Did I mention that the piano I get to play on is the same Yamaha model as the one I had in Surrey? - only this one's brand new and is stored at my church!)
Anyway. Life here in Fernie ain't all that bad. Although I did realize the other day that this is the first time in three years that I haven't gone somewhere overseas.... which made me rather frustrated... but who knows what I'll be up to in the near future... ;)
There ya go Laur. Hopefully that satisfies you ;) hahaha.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hey shar! that satisfied me. it makes me SOO happy that you played piano in that concert! i can just imagine how your hands danced on the piano...the days of piano lessons for my sisters and you playing a final piece :) i miss that.
anyways!!! soooooooon we can hang out and im beyond excited. have a good week darling. love you lots
Thanks so much for the email and prayers Sharla- we covet them after this disaster. I am SO glad to hear that things are going well- there's a "lightness" in the tone of this email that I haven't heard for awhile! May the Lord continue to lift you up and may His joy be your strength day to day.
miss you!
Hey Sharla! I came across your blog by way of a string of links starting at my cousin's blog. Anyway, it sounds like life is going pretty well for ya! I TOTALLY understand that slight itch to get up and go...I'm feeling it myself down here in South Surrey. Instead of packing up to go somewhere, I'm psyching myself for 40 hour work weeks after a pretty slack semester at TWU. Ah well. It's all good. It's time for a change and a change is what's coming. Doesn't make it easy though... :D
Post a Comment